The Women’s Leadership Program (WLP) is designed for women faculty who would like to engage in a structured learning experience to enhance their personal and professional growth. Each of six monthly sessions is a highly interactive, case-based discussion. The program models a collaborative learning environment for participants to learn essential skills to prepare them for leadership roles within the organization.
How To Apply
The BWH Women’s Leadership Program Program seeks Junior Faculty Women who meet the following criteria:
- Instructors with at least two years at rank
- Assistant Professors with any number of years at rank
- Associate Professors may apply. Applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Commitment to attend all sessions
Important Dates & Deadlines
Applications for the 2021 Women’s Leadership Program are currently closed.
Application decisions for the 2020 cycle were announced in early December 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact us at:
Kathryn Rexrode, MD, MPH
Chief, Division of Women’s Health, Brigham and Women's Hospital; Director, Office for Women’s Careers, CDI; Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Cheri A. Blauwet
Assistant Professor of PM&R, HMS Sports Medicine; Physiatrist, Brigham and Women's Hospital; Director, Kelley Adaptive Sports Research Institute; Chair, Mass General Brigham Disability Task Force
Topics for 2021
- Module I: Effective Self Promotion – Wednesday, January 20th from 12:00-2:00pm, Zoom
- Module II: Managing Negotiations and Power in the Workplace – Wednesday, March 3rd from 12:00-2:00pm, Zoom
- Module III: Understanding Financial Management: Perspectives from Leadership – Wednesday, March 31st from 12:00-2:00pm, Zoom
- Module IV: Tools for Successfully Leading Diverse Teams – Wednesday, April 28th from 12:00-2:00pm, Zoom
- Module V: Leveraging Your Leadership Style and Engaging with Sponsors – Wednesday, May 19th from 12:00-2:00pm, Zoom
- Module VI: Personal Action Plans – Wednesday, June 16th from 12:00-2:00pm, Zoom OR Wednesday, June 23rd from 12:00-2:00pm, Zoom