The Center for Diversity & Inclusion, with the support of the Brigham and Women’s Physician’s Organization and the Biomedical Research Institute, is pleased to announce the Family Care Travel Award to assist faculty who are caring for a dependent family member at home. The Award will provide financial support to defray some of the costs of traveling with dependents, or extra care at home, while traveling for professional meetings critical to promoting the advancement of early career scholars with familial obligations.
Each award will be limited to a maximum of $750. A lifetime limit of 2 awards will apply to each applicant.
FCTA Applications are open! Apply on a Rolling Basis from 10/15/2019 - 09/09/2020
Family Care Travel Awards may be used for multiple purposes including:
- Travel costs for dependent family member
- Travel costs for a caregiver (not a faculty member) to accompany faculty on trip for the express purpose of caring for dependent family member
- Extra care at home during the trip
- Care at meeting site
- Dependent family member and/or caregiver accommodations
Family Care Travel Awards may not be used for:
- Faculty member’s conference registrations
- Faculty member’s conference travel
- Any other costs that are not for the express purpose of care or travel for the dependent family member
- Trips must be professional and for advancing the faculty’s career. If you have any questions regarding the eligibility of the event you want to attend, please email us.
Trips that may qualify include:
- Chairing a session at an academic meeting
- Presenting an abstract
- Being awarded a specific prize or honor
- Doing an oral presentation of an accepted paper or poster